Connor McGregor is one of the most popular and well-known fighters, who has fought in UFC since 2008. His net worth was estimated to be $200 million as of 2018, which makes him a top ten richest athlete alongside Floyd Mayweather and Roger Federer.
Connor McGregor is the current UFC lightweight champion and one of the most popular fighters in the world. His net worth is estimated to be $200 million.
Have you ever wondered how much Connor McGregor is worth? Over the years, the trash-talking Irishman and entrepreneur has amassed a sizable fortune. When he first entered the ring in 2007, McGregor was an immediate success. People who weren’t even followers of the sport began to notice McGregor as he easily dispatched everyone who stood in his way. He’d hold UFC championship belts in two weight classes and be the first UFC fighter to compete in a professional pay-per-view boxing contest in only a few years. Connor McGregor has a net worth of 120 million dollars after factoring in all of his fight bonuses and endorsement agreements. We’ll show you how the slick-talking Irishman accumulated his fortune in this piece.
Conor McGregor was born on July 14, 1988, in Crumlin, Dublin. He grew up in Crumlin and has always been interested in sports. Soccer was his first sport, and he was a member of the Lourdes Celtic Football Club.
McGregor grew up in a difficult neighborhood of the city. He began boxing at the Crumlin Boxing Club at the age of 12 to learn how to protect himself against bullies.
McGregor and his family relocated to Lucan, Dublin, in 2006, when he was 17, to complete high school. He began a plumbing apprenticeship after graduating. He’d only ever known blue color work, and that was his destiny if he hadn’t met future UFC fighter Tom Egan while in Lucan. They became friends over their shared passion for fighting and began training in mixed martial arts (MMA) together shortly after. McGregor finally left his job as a plumbing apprentice to pursue a career as a professional boxer.
Career in Mixed Martial Arts
McGregor made his MMA debut in an amateur battle against Kieran Campbell a year later, in 2007. In the first round, he won via technical knockout (TKO). His performance was so impressive that he was quickly signed by the Irish Cage of Truth promotion and began his professional career.
McGregor won his first professional MMA fight on March 9, 2008, with a second-round TKO. He only lost two matches between 2008 and 2012, winning both the CWFC Featherweight and Lightweight titles. As a result, he became the first European MMA fighter to hold belts in two classes at the same time.
When UFC president Dana White traveled to Dublin in February 2013 to collect a Gold Medal of Honorary Patronage from Trinity College, McGregor got his big break. He was inundated with demands to sign McGregor to the UFC there. He chose to meet with the up-and-coming fighter, and White gave him a contract to compete in the UFC immediately after their meeting.
UFC Career of Connor McGregor
The UFC announced in February 2013 that McGregor has signed a multi-fight deal. As a result, McGregor became the company’s second Irish fighter to participate. McGregor dominated the sport shortly after his signing.
Everyone had heard about the trash-talking, hard-hitting Irishman who was destroying his opponents one by one. He had his first championship battle against Jose Aldo on December 12, 2015, and won by knockout in the opening 13 seconds of the bout, becoming him the UFC Featherweight Champion. This was the quickest knockout in UFC history in a championship bout.
On November 12, 2016, he will compete for the UFC Lightweight Championship against Eddie Alvarez. He would go on to win this fight via TKO in the second round, becoming the only fighter in UFC history to hold a championship belt in both weight divisions.
Before Mayweather, Conor McGregor had a net worth of $1 million.
McGregor was a multi-millionaire prior to 2017. After becoming a titleholder, he earned millions of dollars every bout and gained roughly $25 million after defeating Eddie Alvarez for the Lightweight Championship.
However, after landing a contract to fight Floyd Mayweather, one of the finest boxers of all time, Connor McGregor’s net worth skyrocketed. On August 26, 2017, McGregor battled Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match.
According to Forbes, the bout drew 4.3 million pay-per-view viewers and a total of $55 million in gate receipts. As a result, it was the second-highest-earning boxing contest in history. Connor lost by TKO in the tenth round, but he earned an estimated $85 million from the fight alone, not including sponsorships or product royalties.
Proper 12 Whiskey by Connor McGregor
McGregor introduced Proper No. Twelve Irish Whiskey in September 2018 with his newfound wealth. McGregor exploited his own brand to boost sales all around the globe. The brand was a huge hit right away.
According to rumors, Jose Cuervo boosted their stock options in the business from 20% to 49% in July 2020. The corporation was valued at roughly 235 million dollars based on the amount Jose Cuervo spent to boost their stake of the brand. Proper 12 made over $1 billion in sales in its first year, according to McGregor, who hinted this on social media in 2019.
Connor McGregor has a net worth of $20 million as of 2022.
Connor McGregor has a net worth of $200 million as of March 2022. Connor McGregor has amassed a vast wealth via a succession of 8 figure payoff bouts, sponsorships, and being the main owner of a 9 figure whiskey business.
Important Points to Remember
- McGregor comes from a working-class Irish village where everyone was expected to acquire an apprenticeship and work in a specialized profession. He believed he was meant for more, so he risked everything by abandoning his apprenticeship to pursue fighting. His parents were against it, and this was before the UFC became the worldwide brand it is now. Friends and relatives mocked him, but he knew what he wanted out of life and wouldn’t allow anybody stop him.
- Even if you don’t get compensated, do what you love: Unless they reach it to the UFC, most professional fighters don’t earn enough money to support themselves. McGregor fought full-time for six years without earning a big sum of money. This is why it’s critical to like what you do, since there’s no assurance that you’ll always be compensated to follow your interests. If you love what you do, though, you can keep coming up day after day because your passion drives you to improve.
- Make the most of your brand: If McGregor wasn’t already a household name, he certainly became one following his bout with Mayweather. So, after his victory in the battle, he cleverly established his whiskey brand, Proper 12, and pushed it on social media. One of the most difficult aspects of creating a business is getting it noticed. Partnering with celebs isn’t cheap. If you are a celebrity, on the other hand, you may use your own brand to advertise your product and increase sales. This is why it’s critical to construct your own brand since you can sell them nearly anything of value if you can generate a devoted following.
Connor McGregor is a mixed martial artist, boxer and wrestler who has been in the public eye for years. Connor’s net worth is estimated to be $200 million. Reference: conor mcgregor net worth before mayweather.
- floyd mayweather net worth
- khabib net worth
- conor mcgregor net worth 2021
- conor mcgregor net worth 2021 forbes
- is conor mcgregor a billionaire